Download these Free Planning Tools


Why 2024 May Be the Perfect Time for Family-Owned Businesses to Exit

If you are considering selling your lower-middle market business (revenues between $5M-$100M), now may be the perfect time to start preparing. It is reported that 70% of lower-middle market businesses are projected to change hands in the next decade and it’s imperative that business owners are prepared to capitalize.  This is an even greater challenge

Read More »

What is Exit Planning and Why Is It Important?

Baby Boomers own two-thirds of U.S. businesses. Over the next decade, these owners will transition out of their businesses—whether they are prepared to or not. Statistics show that only 20%-30% of businesses that go to market actually sell. This leaves 70%-80% of enterprises stranded without solid options for owners to transition their wealth and secure

Read More »

Why Do Some M&A Deals Die?

Mergers and acquisitions (M&A) deals can fail due to various reasons. Trust between the parties involved is the key factor that determines the success of a deal, which is typically established over the 8–12-month deal lifecycle. While an M&A advisory firm can help increase the likelihood of success, several factors can erode trust and lead

Read More »

5 Ways Professional Buyers Exploit First-Time Sellers

I recently spoke with three business owners who received unsolicited offers. All three sellers thought the offers were acceptable and asked me to review them. What did I find? Not surprisingly, all three buyers ran a few plays from the “taking advantage of first-time sellers” playbook. 1. Lure Sellers with a Large Headline Number Buyers

Read More »

How Will ChatGPT and AI Impact Mergers and Acquisitions?

Let’s get one thing straight: M&A is (and always will be) a complex and challenging field. It involves significant due diligence, negotiation, compromise, strategic thinking, and a roller coaster of emotions. However, with the advent of ChatGPT/AI, M&A transactions will soon become easier, faster, and more efficient. But what about the human element of M&A?

Read More »
Scroll to Top
Skip to content